Dr Friedmann, consultant dermatologist and clinical lead at The Harley Street Dermatology Clinic is a UK-trained Dermatologist and graduate of King’s College School of Medicine, London. He has worked at many of London’s top teaching hospitals including King’s College, St Georges, Hammersmith, Barts and the London and the Royal Free Hospitals
Dr Friedmann, a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, has been a consultant since 2008. His former NHS post was as a Consultant Dermatologist at the The Whittington Hospital in North London and until recently, he was the Dermatology Teaching Lead at University College London where he awarded ‘Top-Teacher’ on multiple occassions
Dr Friedmann consults on all general dermatology in both adults and children, treating conditions such as acne, eczema, allergy and psoriasis. His special interests include emergency dermatology, skin cancer, moles and blistering conditions.
He is widely published and has conducted and published research on skin cancer at the Melanoma Institute in Sydney, Australia. You can find more information on Dr Friedmann’s published scientific papers, book chapters, reviews and case studies below.
Wednesday 9am – 4pm
Dr Friedmann’s consults on all a range of general conditions including acne, eczema, allergy and psoriasis. His special interests include emergency dermatology, skin cancer, moles and blistering conditions.
Procedures perfomed at Harley Street Dermatology include
- Minor excisions
- Topical capsaicin prevents ultraviolet radiation-induced suppression of Mantoux reactions in humans Renae A. Howes, Gary M. Halliday, Ross StC. Barnetson, Adam C. Friedmann, and Diona L. Damian. J Dermatol Sci, Sept 2006
- The Topical Isoflavonoid NV-07a Reduces Solar-simulated UV-induced Suppression of Mantoux Reactions in Humans. Friedmann AC, Halliday GM, Barnetson RStC, Reeve VE, Walker C, Patterson CRS, Damian DL. Photochem Photobiol. 2004 Nov-Dec;80(3):416-21
- Essential Fatty Acids and the Skin. Rhodes LE, Friedmann AC, Lipid Technology Newsletter, Feb 2002, Vol. 8 No. 1, 8-11
- Mechanisms in Cutaneous Drug Hypersensitivity Reactions. Friedmann PS, Lee MS, Friedmann AC, Barnetson RstC, Clin. Exp. Allergy, 2003; 33:861-872
- Whipple’s Disease presenting as symmetrical panniculitis. Friedmann AC, Perera GK, Jayaprakasam A, Forgacs I, Salisbury J, Creamer D. Br J Dermatol. 2004 Oct;151(4):907-11
- Systemic Pyoderma Gangrenosum responding to Infliximab and Adalimumab. Hubbard VG, Friedmann AC, Goldsmith P. Br J Dermatol. 2005 May;152(5):1059-61
- Concise Correspondence: Delusional Parasitosis Presenting as Folie à Trois: Successful Treatment with Risperidone. A C Friedmann, A L Ekeowa-Anderson, R E Taylor, A P Bewley Br J Dermatol. 2006 Oct;155(4):841-2
- Concise Correspondence: Familial Pityriasis Rotunda in Black-Skinned Patients; a First Report. Friedmann AC, Ameen M, Swale VJ. Br J Dermatol. 2007 Jun;156(6):1365-7
- Tefillin Dermatitis; a Problem in the Devout. Friedmann AC, Goldsmith P. Contact Dermatitis. 2008 Sep;59(3):188-9
- Gradual Coarse Thickening of the Skin (Pseudoxanthoma Elasticum): 50 Cases in Dermatological Medicine. Editors Creamer D, Du Vivier A. Martin Dunitz 2004
- Acute bacterial endocarditis: 50 Cases in Dermatological Medicine. Editors Creamer D, Du Vivier A. Martin Dunitz 2004
I have had ongoing treatment for solar keratosis on my face and have had a basal cell carcinoma diagnosed and removed by Dr Friedmann. I have always found him to be welcoming, friendly and professional. – Fiona
Awarded a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (FRCP) in 2016.
- How to Get Rid of Skin Cyst
- The Risks of Skin Surgery
- The 7 Types of Eczema
- 5 Skin Problems Caused by Sun Damage
- What does Skin cancer look like?
- What is involved in a Mole removal?
- Recent Developments in Acne Treatment
- What is Basal Cell Cancer?
- Recent Developments In Acne Treatment
- 5 Tips for Tackling Genital Skin Conditions