With more than 20 years of experience in non-invasive cosmetic solutions for face and body rejuvenation, it’s no wonder Dr Rita Rakus has attracted a following of famous names and faces to her Knightsbridge clinic.
Dubbed by the media as ‘The London Lip Queen,’ Dr Rita Rakus heads up the Dr Rakus Clinic in Knightsbridge specialising in a wide variety of highly effective cosmetic treatments to combat the most common complaints such as poor skin tone, lines or loose skin on the face and body. As well as providing Juvederm/Restylane and muscle-inhibitors for the treatment of lip enhancement, lines, wrinkles and excess sweating she provides state-of-the-art technology including Fraxel, Thermage, HydraFacial and Ultherapy.
The Dr Rakus Clinic provides personal treatments to patients assisted by specifically trained personnel. Treatment plans and consultations are private and advice is based on a tailored and one-to-one basis, ensuring it is suitable for that person and to meet their expectations.
Her Knightsbridge clinic is the UK’s first official centre for Pellevé (radiotherapy) and in 2012 received the Pellevé Glide Safe award for clinical and aesthetic excellence. The Dr Rakus Clinic also features regularly in the Tatler Cosmetic Surgery Guide and her signature Black Diamond HydraFacial recently won the Middle East Pool & Spa Award for ‘Best Signature Facial’.
Dr Rakus qualified as a medical practitioner at Sydney University, Australia in 1974 and is fully registered with the General Medical Council, Care Quality Commission, Treatments You Can Trust.
Over the years, having trained in all aspects of non-surgical facial rejuvenation, Dr Rakus has become a highly experienced practitioner in her field of Cosmetic Medicine and is a founding member and Fellow of British College of Aesthetic Medicine – see their website www.bcam.ac.uk. She is also involved in training, lecturing and setting standards for practicing doctors within this field and her name has been inscribed on the Wall of Honour at the Royal Society of Medicine in recognition of her work.
The Dr Rakus Clinic specialises in a variety of anti-ageing treatments to give you natural and long-lasting results:
* Fraxel® laser technology which improves sun-damage pigmentation, age spots, fine lines, stretch marks and acne scars. With a six-treatment course of Fraxel, often at six-week intervals, the result is gradual, avoiding dramatic shifts in appearance and the effects are long-lasting.
* Thermage® CPT – a one-off treatment of Thermage® smoothes, tightens and contours skin on the face or body using radio frequency to stimulate the body’s own collagen production and the effects are apparent over a period of six-months and often last for over two years with a top-up. Thermage® can even be used to treat the delicate eye area to combat the effects of ageing. Dr Rakus carries out more Thermage® treatments in the UK than any other practitioner.
* ULTRAcel – Combining radio frequency, radio frequency micro-needling and high intensity focused ultrasound, this treatment is the latest non-surgical skin tightening and lift treatment to banish wrinkles and fine lines, as well as stretch marks, acne scarring and dark circles.
* Black Diamond HydraFacial – this facial has been uniquely designed by Dr Rakus and recently won the Middle East Pool & Spa Award for ‘Best Signature Facial’. This award-winning facial is also available at the Dr Rakus Knightsbridge Clinic and begins with a detoxification of the skin using relaxing lymphatic drainage to reduce puffiness. This is followed by deep cleansing using botanical products and exfoliating the skin with a very gentle microdermabrasion technique in conjunction with glycolic acids to allow a more comfortable extraction of blocked pores and decongesting the treatment area. This is followed by an application of hyaluronic acid, antioxidants and Vitamin E, which is delivered deeply into the skin using the painless vortex infusion. Red and blue light is then applied over the treatment area to target congestion and calm the skin. Your skin will feel deeply cleansed, refreshed and rejuvenated.
* Ultherapy – Dubbed ‘The Ultrasound Facelift’… For the first time ever, Ultherapy enables practitioners to direct ultrasound energy not only into the skin but deep under the skin to the same tissue addressed in surgery. This gently heats the tissue to lift and tighten loose skin without cutting or disrupting the surface of the skin. Besides the visible effects of lifting and tightening, there is also an invisible result from Ultherapy with the creation of new collagen, which helps the skin maintain its youthfulness.
Dr Rakus provides a number of procedures including:
- Non-surgical facial rejuvenation by way of facial line reduction and lip enhancement using injectables (Restylane®, Perlane®, Restylane Vital®, LIPP®, Juvéderm SMILE®, Juvéderm VOLUMA®, Juvéderm HYDRATE®, Juvéderm Volbella®, Princess®, Belotero, Sculptra®), plus muscle inhibitor treatments (Botox®, Dysport® Vistabel®, Azzalure® and Belotero®).
- Hydra Facial® treatments plus cosmeceutical skin products for skin rejuvenation.
- Soprano XL® and ELOS Motif laser treatments are available for hair removal plus ELOS IPL for skin rejuvenation and thread veins.
- Velashape® and Cellulaze® treatments are used for the reduction of cellulite whilst Exilis, Vanquish and CoolSculpting are for body contouring.
- Thermage®, Pelleve®, IntraCel®, Ulthera® and UltraCel® are all used for facial and body contouring treatments.
- Fraxel® and Total FX are all available for skin rejuvenation, pigmentation, acne scars and stretch marks.
- Laserlipolisi® (Evo Body-Jet) is for the removal of subcutaneous fat using laser assisted technology for the removal of fat.
- Also available is Platelet Rich Plasma for skin and hair treatment.
Dr Rakus has received numerous accolades and awards for her work. You can view them here: http://www.drritarakus.com/awards_dr_rita_rakus.shtml